Clout's Coffee Manhattan is a fantastic combination of rye whiskey and coffee. The coffee flavors of a typical Manhattan are enhanced by the use of sweet vermouth. It's a rich, sweet, and bitter coffee that's a fantastic match. It has a pleasant flavor and is a drink which you may enjoy.
Here are some suggestions for making your clout coffee Manhattan more upscale. The coffee flavor profile is prominent in this cocktail, with the whiskey's vanilla notes and oak flavors coming through strongly towards the finish.
- 1.5oz rye whiskey
- .5oz rye barrel aged coffee liqueur
- .5oz sweet vermouth
- .5oz rye barrel aged Clout Coffee, cold brewed
- 4 dashes of coffee cocoa bitters
- 1 dash chocolate bitters
- Orange peel
- Combine rye whiskey, rye coffee liqueur, vermouth, cold brew and bitters in a rocks glass filled with ice. Stir until mixed.
- Twist orange peel over cocktail and around the rim of the glass.
- Garnish with orange peel.
Yield: 1 Cocktail