Clout Coffee Single Malt is paired with earthy, deep barrel-aged coffee beans. Because the maturing procedure requires a single distillery, the complimentary flavor notes of woody earth, vanilla, and caramel are present. The richness of vanilla and caramel from the whisky complement the bean's flavor and scent.
Here are some instructions for preparing Clout's single malt coffee, which has an improved coffee flavor with a lengthy whisky finish that will have you going back for more.
- 1.5 cups Clout's Single Malt Whisky Barrel-Aged Coffee beans, coarsely ground
- 2 cups single malt whisky
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- .5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the coarsely ground, Single Malt Whisky Barrel-Aged Clout Coffee and single malt whisky in an airtight container with a tight seal. Shake gently and store in a cool, dark place for 3 weeks. Gently shake every few days.
- When ready, strain the mixture using a filter or cheese cloth, squeezing the bag/filter to extract all liquid. Discard coffee and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and water in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk constantly to dissolve sugar. Once sugar is dissolved, turn off heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk vanilla extract into brown sugar simple syrup. Pour Clout Coffee-infused whisky into simple syrup and stir to combine. Pour liqueur into clean, airtight container. Seal and refrigerate until ready to use.
Please note: the liqueur requires 3 weeks of steeping time before using
Yield: 2.5 CUPS