Clout Coffee's bourbon whiskey barrel aged is an arabica coffee which important part of specialty coffee production, and it's a form of high-quality coffee beans. Bourbon-bean-based beverages are gentle, medium-bodied, and moderate in acidity. When compared to other types of coffee, the flavor is quite sweet. Bourbon coffee, roasted to a medium intensity, keeps much of its original flavor with hints of chocolate and toasted gains.
Because of its distinct characteristics, this coffee pairs beautifully with chocolates. Here are some steps for making a great cup of clout's bourbon barrel aged coffee.
- 1.5 cups Clout's Bourbon Whiskey Barrel-Aged Coffee beans, coarsely ground
- 2 cups bourbon
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- .5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the coarsely ground, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Clout Coffee and bourbon in an airtight container with a tight seal. Shake gently and store in a cool, dark place for 3 weeks. Gently shake every few days.
- When ready, strain the mixture using a filter or cheese cloth, squeezing the bag/filter to extract all liquid. Discard coffee and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and water in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk constantly to dissolve sugar. Once sugar is dissolved, turn off heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk vanilla extract into brown sugar simple syrup. Pour Clout Coffee-infused bourbon into simple syrup and stir to combine. Pour liqueur into clean, airtight container. Seal and refrigerate until ready to use.
Please note: the liqueur requires 3 weeks of steeping time before using
Yield: 2.5 CUPS