Clout Coffee Rye Whiskey Barrel-Aged Coffee Liqueur is a blend of coffee and rye whiskey aged in barrels. The aging procedure has to be long enough for the tastes of the barrel to penetrate into the liquor, resulting in a complex combination of flavors. The tastes of rye, barrel, and coffee are well-balanced.
Here are some tips for making a great quality coffee liqueur that is rich, dark, and oily with unique coffee notes. The rich rye complements the cold brew coffee, leading to a long-lasting and mouth-warming tannic aftertaste.
- 1.5 cups Clout's Rye Whiskey Barrel-Aged Coffee beans, coarsely ground
- 2 cups rye whiskey
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- .5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the coarsely ground, Rye Barrel-Aged Clout Coffee and rye whiskey in an airtight container with a tight seal. Shake gently and store in a cool, dark place for 3 weeks. Gently shake every few days.
- When ready, strain the mixture using a filter or cheese cloth, squeezing the bag/filter to extract all liquid. Discard coffee and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and water in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk constantly to dissolve sugar. Once sugar is dissolved, turn off heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk vanilla extract into brown sugar simple syrup. Pour Clout Coffee-infused rye into simple syrup and stir to combine. Pour liqueur into clean, airtight container. Seal and refrigerate until ready to use.
Please note: the liqueur requires 3 weeks of steeping time before using
Yield: 2.5 CUPS